Friday, December 30, 2011

Catching up on the past Two Months

Times have changed around our house quite a bit over the last two months. The days are longer, Westley is awake a whole heck of a lot more, he is constantly on the move, and the time I have to myself continues to decrease.  Therefore, not one blog has been written in months.  I hate it because I have missed documenting so many things.  But I can't go back, I can only move forward.  So let's see if I can catch you up on what we have been up to......

Halloween Weekend:
Westley started crawling for the first time and our lives haven't slowed down since.
We took our first long trip to Birmingham and got to catch up with so many dear friends and show off our little bundle of joy.  And our little Westley was probably the cutest little banana for Halloween that anyone has everyone seen.  We went door to door for about 30 minutes and that is about all the fun the West could stand.



 Book Worm at the Library:
We have started a new weekly activity of going to the local library once a week.  It's a fun time of reading books and singing songs.  The music portion is definitely his favorite.  Granted it's only 15 minutes, but it gets us out of the house and we have met some new friends, which has been a lot of fun.


One wild and crazy day:
I can already tell that Westley is already going to be that boy.  He has a lot of personality already and is going to give us a run for our money.  In just one day, he chewed up and ruined his bed in 5 minutes, and then pulled up for the first time.  We must be getting pay-back for things we did to our parents.


More teeth:
More teeth just keep coming in and unfortunately they are going to be big ones, just like his mamma!  But they are just so darn cute and that toothy grins gets me every time. And with those teeth he has been eating everything in sight.  He loves some:  turkey, ham, black beans, peaches, pears, mandarin oranges, bananas, and we are just starting to try some more veggies.


Thanksgiving:
Thanksgiving was so much fun this year being Westley's first and we had a dear friend, Clynton, stay for the holidays and we loved having him with us.  Westley was dressed up super cute, (as cute as you can get for boys clothes) and he was the cutest little turkey out there.  He had a little trouble with separation anxiety while we were with everyone, but we all have bad days, don't we?!?  He learned to clap over the holidays and after months of teaching him "more" in sign language, it clicked and he is doing it back to us!





Random:
Here are a couple more of my favorite pictures from these past few weeks.  He is getting bigger and that strong willed personality is coming out a little more each and every day. The boy has found his voice and is blabbing and talking a language that we do not understand but we know he is trying to tell us something. He is crawling faster and faster each day and is pulling up on absolutely everything.  Having a mobile little one has kept me on my toes, but I wouldn't have it any other way.








Christmas Holidays:
This was the first Christmas holiday that I have really enjoyed in a few years.  I believe it was partly due to the fact that all my holiday shopping was done by December 1st, but mostly, I think it was watching West discover everything for the first time was just so much fun.  He didn't bother the tree, but he loved looking at all the lights and playing with the kid friendly ornaments I put down at the bottom of the tree.  As far as presents, he didn't have an interest at all in opening them, but once he saw what was inside, he loved playing with all of his new toys.  It was such a sweet holiday with friends and family and I look forward to each year as he begins to actually know what it going on.  











Our little boy is just not so little anymore.  Sweet Westley will be 1 in just less than a month and it's hard to believe.  This year has been a complete whirlwind for Brad and myself but gosh, life is so much richer because he is in our lives.  

1 comment:

Ashlea said...

Love the pic of the 3 of you on the swing.