We tried several times all summer but every time we ventured out it would rain. So about a week ago we got to go two times within just a few days. First, we went with some girlfriends for our play date and I think this picture about sums up how he felt about the whole experience.
He is just like his daddy, not a big fan of the sun and the pool.
So the second time we got to go, we were hanging out with Brad's friends from high school. In the 13 years that I have known Brad I have probably only see him in a swimming pool once and that was our honeymoon. He has never been a big fan of the sun so I have always had to enjoy the beach and pool by myself throughout our whole marriage. So West had no idea how special he was that his daddy got out into the sun and swam with him.
Our friends had a float for us to try out for Westley and he kind of liked it. At least Bradley got a couple of smiles out of him for the first few minutes.
But then the fun didn't last too long before West was done. Those hands were so much more mesmerizing than the water.
Brad also tried a little freestyle swimming but by that point, he was done.
I am not going to give up going to the pool and maybe by next year there will be a little more interest. But based on some of the reaction that I got these first few times I just keep thinking "like father, like son." Hanging out at the pool just might be my time to myself over the next few years, which I'm completely okay with.

3 comments:
Don't give up Caroline!! I haven't met a kid yet who doesn't like the pool. I know he will love it, just keep trying. Elaina did not love it the first time and now we can't keep her out of it.
Well he loved it today!!! :) Honestly, most babies don't really know what to think of it--both of mine had the same reaction when they were babies, but of course, you see them now. Even the 1-year-olds today weren't going nuts about being in the water, but eventually, I think most kids love it. Just keep taking him!!
HAHA its so funny cause that's just like our dad! it was a big deal when he would swim with us!
Post a Comment