I used to always hear people say you won't remember what you did before you had kids. To be honest, I didn't believe them. Because I remember....I used to SLEEP and I used to have time to myself. But that time I had to myself becomes dimmer and dimmer and I am already forgetting what I used to do with that time to myself. So they were right. I was wrong. Mark it down, you won't hear me say that a lot.
I am beginning to realize that more and more because these days my time is filled with dishes three times a day, laundry that multiples as soon as it's clean, actually cooking meals now, and trying to figure out how to live cheaper.
The last two weeks my time has been filled with consigning. I was introduced to Duck Duck Goose when Westley was just a few months old. The first time I went I was totally overwhelmed. I had no clue what I was doing. And I wasn't even sure what I thought about consigning to be honest. I didn't know you take your own bag to shop and that it's best to have a plan of action when walking into this massive warehouse. These moms are serious about the sales and the momma bear comes out in everyone of them when going for something for their sweetheart.
Well I've been converted. I am THAT mom now. You can't beat the prices and I am very picky about the toys I pick out. And the clothes. Good mercy, we save so much money on clothes for West. They are in fabulous condition and he gets probably about 5 times the amount of clothes doing it this way. But it gets worse. I have the laundry basket on wheels so I can carry more stuff and be hands free. I have everything I want on note cards categorized by the section of the store they are in. And I even signed up to volunteer at the event so I could get in early to shop and to be able to scout out what was in the store. I've had my eye on a wagon for days at a ridiculous price and in a matter of hours I'll know if it's mine or not. When I see it in writing I feel like such a nerd. But I'll do anything for my little nugget. He is worth it.
And times have changed. We went from a two income family down to one and then added a family member. We live on a strict budget and when the money runs out of the envelope for that month there's no option to just swipe the card. That's it for that month. So consigning has really helped us be able to still get what we need and make it work for our budget.
So I'm a fan. As long as Duck Duck Goose is around I will shop hard core twice a year for that sweet little man and I'll do whatever I have to to get him what he needs! If you need any tips, I'm more than happy to help out. Wish me luck today. T-minus 2 hours and I'll be shopping.........
No comments:
Post a Comment