Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day


There's something so special about being daddy's little girl.  I am very blessed to have the best dad in the world.  While I was a teenager my dad and I tended to butt heads quite a bit.  As I have gotten older I realize we did so much because I am exactly like him and having us under the same roof I'm sure at times drove my mom crazy!
 
Now that I am a mom, I have a much clearer understanding of why my dad made some of the rules and decisions that he did for me.  At the time I was mortified but now, I'm grateful for those rules.  I understand so many of the decisions that he made in those early years was because he loved me and was looking at the bigger picture of my life.  

My dad has always been there for me no matter the situation and his advice has always been the most important to me.  I am a confident person today because of how my dad raised me.  He always made me believe I could be anything I wanted to be and encouraged me to go after my dreams.  I am so thankful for the drive that my dad instilled in me.  

He is more on the quiet side and doesn't like to be the center of attention, but he is loyal and is respected by anyone that knows him.  You never have to wonder what he's thinking, because he will always gives it to you straight, sound like anyone else you know?  It's a blessing and a gift that he passed down.


I have so enjoyed watching my dad become a Granddaddy over the last few months with Westley.  From the very beginning dad swore that our little nugget was going to be a boy and I think he was the most excited when he found out his wish had come true.  He is so sweet with him and can't wait for him to be able to stay up so much longer and be able to play all day.  Westley is very lucky to have him as a Grandaddy.  He has no idea how spoiled he is going to be!

I am so thankful for my dad and want him to know this Father's Day how blessed I feel to have him as my dad!

2 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

Super sweet post, Caroline. And that West just keeps getting cuter!!!

emily said...

I still remember your dad's sweet speech at your rehearsal dinner and he gave Brad his "guidebook" {aka the Bible} for raising a princess! *tear*