Saturday, May 14, 2011

Already 16 Weeks

It's so hard for me to believe that on Monday, Westley will be 16 weeks old.  This past week some of our friends had a new baby.  When we went to the hospital to visit them and to see their new precious little girl, I was in awe of how small she seemed.  Brad kept reminding me that Westley was that small not too long ago. Oh my, how I've already forgotten because he's already such a big boy.  It really is true how fast they grow up and how much they change even from day to day.

Westley is discovering something new almost every day and it is the highlight of my day to watch him do something for the first time.  Now to some of you, these things might seem so simple, but when you have watched your little boy every day just waiting for him to do that one new thing, it's really a miracle.

Here are a few of Westley's new tricks (I like to call them):

He has found the t.v. (he loves The Ellen Show as much as I do)

He has found his car seat toys and grabs on to them for dear life

He is learning how to sit up in a big boy chair

Tummy time has become a new favorite, now that he can lift his head up a little bit

And he is starting to look like such a big boy now that he is wearing shorts

There is still so much out there in this big world to discover.  And I'm enjoying every minute of being at home with Westley during the day so I watch him discover each of these new things. 

1 comment:

Julie Tiemann said...

Caroline, he is SO precious. I'm so glad you're enjoying these early sweet days. It does just get better and better, but those early days, there's something very special for sure.