Sunday, April 3, 2011

He's finally here

Brad and I sat around for months and talked about how excited we were to meet this little nugget and we were just ready for him to be here.  So on January 24th, he decided it was time to make his grand entrance into the world two weeks early from his due date.  He was born January 24, 2011 at 7:54 pm at 6 lbs 13 oz and 21 1/2 inches long.


After months of toiling over the perfect name, seeing that sweet face we knew for sure it was confirmed, Westley London.  We knew the middle name fairly soon into the pregnancy, once we found out it was a boy.  Bradley's favorite place in the whole world is London, and I loved the idea of using that as part of the name. So we settled on using London as the middle name.  But, the first name was our biggest challenge.  Westley came from wanting his name to be unique, yet sophisticated at the same time.  We toiled over numerous names but were never convinced any were the perfect fit.  A variation of Wes/Wesley/Weston was one I was pulling for from the beginning, but Brad wasn't a fan.  I continued to drop it in the mix every time we played the name game.  Once I convinced Brad I was up for any variation of the name, he used "Princess Bride," the movie to help inspire us to go with Westley.  And so our little boy became, Westley London.


So many friends and family told us you can't imagine loving anything so much so quickly. And over the last 10 weeks we are seeing how completely right that they were.  We are head over heels, smitten over this precious new addition to our family and love him a little bit more every day.  It's definitely already been an adventure and I am excited to share the rest of the journey together with you all.

And the story of Westley begins.....


No comments: